Nothing affects wood, even the well-sealed and well-treated wood, faster than exposure to the elements. Even the sturdy and hardwearing nature of engineered wood can suffer from numerous of inner and outer affection and direct exposure to sun, humidity and frequent traffic can ruin the high quality and well-sealed materials, especially if you don’t follow a proper maintenance routine and you keep neglecting finer imperfections. So your engineered wood floor doesn’t need too much to the point, where it will need serious repair and renovation. Wood ages quite fast and needs professional and reliable service to strip down the damage, seal to the satisfying effect and prevent the whole structure. If you don’t like to get to the stage, where your engineered wood floor will experience too many issues, be sure to take care and hire an engineered wood sanding technicians from time to time. If you are Enfield based and you need some help, at Enfield Floor Sanders we can do the hard work for you!
Why Engineered Wood Sanding Is Our Job
You can transform your engineered wood flooring completely with just a single visit from our experienced and reliable engineered wood sanding and restoration service in Enfield. We have the expertise and knowledge to know how to react in even unexpected situations, guaranteeing flawless results and leaving your property completely tidy and no-mess. In addition, our services are always timely and won’t break the bank, because our prices are very reasonable and you can even reduce them by checking our special offers section and get the deal!
What to Expect When Hiring Our Expert Engineered Wood Floor Restoration Team
Before starting with any sanding process, we will inspect your engineered wood installation in Enfield, offering a free site visit. After that and keeping in mind your requirements and desires, we can suggest the best strategy for the individual needs of the project. If your floor is in really poor condition or there are some major problems, our honest recommendation will be a repair service. Once the majority of the issues are removed and we’ve achieved a sturdy and durable base, we can carry on the sanding service.
How We Sand Engineered Wood Flooring
Sanding will completely remove finer scratches, dents and gaps, stains and other imperfections you can suffer from. You will end up with a completely uniform and smooth surface, ready to be transformed in the way you would like. In fact, engineered floor restoration is considered to be a tricky and risky project, because every plank is made with a thin real wood top layer and there is a risk to ruin them all. Don’t worry, because we can promise you that will never happen, we are precise and work with attention to details and have enough experience to deal with every type of wood flooring the proper way.
After sanding it is time for some protection of the bare wood of the floorboards. Sealing products and stains, especially high quality and natural as the ones we always use, will create a protective barrier between the surface of the bare wood and its environment, promising long-lasting protection and significantly improving the way the floor looks and feels. Wood floor sanding and refinishing ensure not just the engineered wood floor will look as good and elegant as when it was installed, but also minimise the risk of issues and problems, preserves the natural beauty and durability of wood, and ensures additional protection.
Why Done It Professionally?
There is always the option to hire all the equipment you need for an engineered wood floor sanding and refinishing project and attempt a DIY project. However, this is definitely not recommended as every DIY project may end up being a total nightmare, especially if you don’t have any previous experience. Our experts have a ton of experience and knowledge under the belt. They will use the right types of abrasives, focusing on removing only the old layer of worn finish and imperfections from the surface of the floor and retaining the top layer of the floorboards themselves as much as possible. This will leave the floorboards with their initial thickness and strength, which will allow a new sanding service in future and more decades for you to enjoy your beautiful and contemporary floor.
Check Out Our Portfolio of Wood Floor Services
As an experienced leader in the wood floor services in Enfield, we have years of experience catering for a wide range of services designed to improve all types of wood flooring. Here are just a few examples of the beneficial services we can deliver:
- Initial inspection of the floor and its condition is always included for every new project we start. It gives us the chance to determine the best and most necessary treatments required according to the condition of the floor.
- Wood floor repair takes care of all the major and minor issues and imperfections. It minimizes the risk of smaller issues growing bigger and causing a significant problem. There are major wood floor repair projects that cover the entire floor and spot repairs that usually include replacement of the too damaged floorboards with new ones.
- Wood floor sanding is the perfect solution for refreshing the look of older and worn solid wood, engineered wood, and parquet floors. Sanding removes the layer of the old finish on top of the floor along with all imperfections on the surface and prepares the bare wood floor refinishing.
- Wood floor refinishing is the application of a sealing product that improves the floor visually and ensures extra protection and preservation of the original colour and texture of the wood species.
- Wood floor staining can either intensify and enhance the natural colour of the wood species or completely change it.
- Gap filling is great for improving the structural integrity of the floor and improving the insulation.
- Wood floor recovering is designed for oiled and waxed wood floors and does not require a stressful and messy sanding service beforehand.
How Often to Hire an Engineered Wood Floor Sanding Service?
Depending on the thickness of the top layer of the engineered wood planks, the floor can be sanded up to four times in their lifetime. This means you can enjoy an engineered wood floor that looks brand new for many decades.
- Engineered wood floorboards with a top lamella layer of three mm can be sanded only once.
- Commonly, you can recognise if the engineered wood floor has a top layer of three mm when the planks are with two or three strips.
- Hardwood floors usually come with an eighteen mm thick plank and can be sanded up to the tongue and groove which means a sandable depth of approximately seven mm. This is almost as much as six mm engineered wood flooring.
We will be glad to answer all your additional questions regarding engineered wood floor sanding and restoration in Enfield. Make sure to give us a call on 020 70360622 and ask for a free visit and quotation today.